The following explains how Motor Insurers' Bureau ("MIB") uses non-intrusive cookies on www.mylicence.org.uk (this “Website”). Continued use of this Website implies your (or a user of your computer's) ("you") acceptance of this Cookies Policy.
A 'cookie' is information that a website transfers to and stores on the hard drive of your device so that it can remember something about you at a later time. A ‘cookie’ recognises you when you return to this Website. MIB may collect information by ‘cookies’ about your device including the IP address, operating system and browser type. This information is used to improve the use of this Website, to track visitor use of this Website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
MIB uses the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of this Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of this Website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around this Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way this Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to this Website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region, and High Visibility setting).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to this Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make this Website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
MIB uses the following individual 'cookies':
- To collect generic information using Google Analytics to see how visitors use this Website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to this Website, what websites visitors have come from and the pages they visited. MIB uses this information to compile reports and help us improve this Website.
- Retargeting ‘cookies’. When a user visits one of MIB's websites the browser will identify the ‘cookie’ on the hard drive of the user's device, and it will know if it has previously visited this Website or not. The type of information gathered by this process counts the hits to this Website and/or banner(s) linked to an IP address and domain. This information is used by MIB in reporting statistical information. MIB uses tracking technologies in a variety of ways, including:
- keeping count of return visits to this Website or our partners' or third party websites;
- accumulating and reporting aggregate statistical information on this Website and advertisement usage; and
- determining which features users like best.
Such information may be transferred and or accessed by third party motor insurance organisations.
How to refuse to accept cookies
At any time, you may refuse to accept cookies on this Website by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org. By deleting cookies in this manner, you will also disable MIB’s cookies that control the High Visibility settings of your browser. If you refuse to accept ‘cookies’, you may be unable to access all or certain parts of this Website.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout