For the purpose of the Data Protection Act, the data controller is Motor Insurers’ Bureau of Linford Wood House, 6-12 Capital Drive, Milton Keynes MK14 6XT (“us”, “our”)
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to this Website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from this Website (including date and time); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Purpose and legal basis for processing
This Website provides information on what the MyLicence service is, what benefits there are and how it is used by the insurance sector.
The website is operated for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the data controller or by a third party. No personal data is processed of visitors to this Website other than that stated in the Cookies policy.
How will we use your personal data?
We will use information in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from this Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer this Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve this Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep this Website safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of this Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Data Retention Period
This website does not collect or retain personal data from visitors to it.
Data Protection Officer
If you have any complaints about how the MIB handles your personal data, please contact us by telephone on 01908 830001, or by email at email@example.com and we will do our best to assist.
If, after we have given you our final response, you are still dissatisfied you have a right to lodge a complaint with:
Information Commissioner’s Office:
Tel: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545 745
The ICO currently recommends that you contact them within 3 months of your last contact with us.