The Motor Insurers’ Bureau ("MIB") reserves the right in its absolute discretion, without reason and without liability to suspend or block you from this Website with immediate effect and without notice.
1 Other Applicable Terms
2 UK Use
Use of this website is intended for UK residents only and complies with appropriate UK legislation and regulation. We make no representation that any of the information contained within this website is available or appropriate for use in any other country or jurisdiction.
3 Availability of the Services
This Website is made available free of charge.
MIB does not guarantee that this website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to this website is permitted on a temporary basis. MIB will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. MIB is not an internet service provider. You are responsible for the payment of the fees charged by your internet service provider.
4 Changes to this Website
MIB may update this website from time to time, and may change the content at any time, without liability. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and MIB is under no obligation to update it.
MIB does not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
5 Indemnity from you in favour of MIB
6 MIB's exclusion of liability
To the extent permitted by law, MIB excludes all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to this website or any content on it, whether express or implied.
Whilst MIB takes reasonable care in the preparation of this website it is not liable for any errors, omissions or misleading statements. You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for the use to which you put this website and all results and information you obtain from it. MIB will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of or inability to use, this website; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on this website.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that MIB only provides this website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use this website for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
MIB will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
7 No Reliance on Information
The content on this website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on this website.
Although MIB makes reasonable efforts to update the information on this website, MIB make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on this website is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
- constitute a waiver of the right or remedy, or
- a waiver of other rights or remedies.
- create a partnership between the parties, or
- authorise either party to act as agent for the other, and
- neither party shall have authority to act in the name or on behalf of or otherwise to bind the other in any way (including the making of any representation or warranty, the assumption of any obligation or liability and the exercise of any right or power).
10 Trade Marks
The MyLicence Brand is subject to Crown Copyright conditions. The use of the brand is limited to members of the MIB, ABI, BIBA, and organisations that are connected, or intending to connect, to the MIB Hub.
11 Intellectual Property
Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from this website for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on this website.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
MIB’s status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on this website must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on this website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from MIB or its licensors.
12 Uploading Content to this Website
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to this website, or to make contact with other users of this website, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to MIB and indemnify it for any breach of that warranty. If you are a consumer user, this means you will be responsible for any loss or damage MIB suffers as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to this website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such content for any purpose.
MIB also has the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to this website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
MIB will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of this website.
MIB has the right to remove any posting you make on this website if, in MIB’s opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in MIB’s Acceptable Use Policy.
The views expressed by other users on this website do not represent MIB’s views or values.
MIB does not guarantee that this website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access this website. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse this website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to this website, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to this website. You must not attack this website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. MIB will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and it will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use this website will cease immediately.
14 Linking to this Website
You may not provide a link to this website from any other website, nor may you reproduce or store any part of this website on any other website without first obtaining MIB's prior written consent.
15 Links to Third Party Websites
This website may also contain hypertext links to websites operated by third parties. The responsibility for the operation and content of those websites shall rest solely with the organisation identified as controlling the third party website and will be governed by separate terms and conditions. Links are provided for convenience only and inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement in any way of the site to which it links. We accept no responsibility whatsoever for the contents of any website accessed by a link that we supply.
16 Contact MIB
Should you have any comments or questions in relation to this website please forward these to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event that any difficulties are experienced in gaining access to any part of the website please contact MIB either by telephone (01908 830001) or e-mail (email@example.com).
17 About Us
www.mylicence.org.uk is a website operated by the Motor Insurers' Bureau. The Motor Insurers' Bureau is a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales with company number 412787. Our registered office is at Linford Wood House, 6-12 Capital Drive, Milton Keynes MK14 6XT. Our VAT number is GB871667195.
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access this website www.mib.org.uk (our website). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
Your use of this website means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy.
18.1 Prohibited uses
You may use this website only for lawful purposes. You may not use this website:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation (including but not limited to the Data Protection Act 1998).
- If you do not have the capacity to enter into binding contracts.
- If, being an individual, you are not at least 18 years old and have not obtained the age of majority in the state or country in which you live.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with MIB's content standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of this website;
- any equipment or network on which this website is stored;
- any software used in the provision of this website; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
18.2 Interactive services
MIB may from time to time provide interactive services on this website, including, without limitation:
- Chat rooms.
- Bulletin boards.
Where MIB does provide interactive services, it will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
MIB will assess any possible risks for users from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on this site, and it will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, MIB is under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service it provides on this website, and it expressly excludes liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of MIB's content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any interactive services on this website by a minor is subject to the consent of his or her parent or guardian. MIB advises parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where MIB does moderate an interactive service, it will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to this website ("contributions"), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination of any nature (including discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age).
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from MIB, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
18.4 Suspension and termination
MIB will determine, in its discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of this website. When a breach of this policy has occurred, MIB may take such action as it deems appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use this website.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to this website.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as MIB reasonably feel is necessary.
MIB excludes liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and MIB may take any other action it reasonably deems appropriate.
18.5 Changes to the acceptable use policy
MIB may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes made, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on this website.